MOSCOW TIME: 17.08.2022 01:17:13

Economy + Local News

Foreign Trade Turnover of Siberian Federal District Exceeded $24 bn

Foreign Trade Turnover of Siberian Federal District Exceeded $24 bn

In the first half of 2018 foreign trade turnover of the Siberian Federal District has amounted to $24.1 bn and increased by 29.4% compared to the same period of 2017.

Export has accounted for 81% of trade turnover ($19.6 bn), whole import has accounted for the rest 19% ($4.6 bn). The main trade partners of the District are China (22% of trade turnover value), the Netherlands (9%), Taiwan (China), the Republic of Korea and Japan (6% each), Germany and the USA (5% each), Ukraine (4.5%), Kazakhstan and Turkey (4% each). The District has increased the value of trade turnover with such countries as China (+29%), the Netherlands (+44%), Taiwan (+35%), the Republic of Korea (+3%), Japan (+11%), Germany (a 1.6-fold increase), the USA (+26%), Ukraine (+14%), Kazakhstan (+9%) and Turkey (+24%).

In the first half of 2018 export value of the Siberian Federal District has grown by $4.2 bn (+28%) compared to the first half of 2017.

The export value growth has been provided by increasing supplies of bituminous coal, crude oil and its products, unwrought aluminium, ferrous metals, copper, wood pulp (other than dissolving grades), nickel, food products and machinery.

The import value has increased by $1.2 bn (+37%) driven by supplies of equipment and mechanical appliances, aircraft and parts thereof, aluminum oxide, vehicles and parts thereof, fruits, rubber and articles thereof, plastics and articles thereof, apparel and clothing accessories (knitted and not knitted), optical and photographic instruments and apparatus, footwear, ceramics, ferrous metals articles and vegetables.



Siberian Federal District export

Share this:

Share this Share this Share this
† †


04.12.2019 TVEL completes the contract for supply of fuel pellets to India for Tarapur NPP

TVEL JSC has shipped to India the final consignment of uranium  fuel pellets for BWR reactors and thereby fulfilled the relevant contract with the Department of Atomic En...

26.09.2019 Vietnam-Russia Bilateral Ties Deepen, Boost Investment

Russia was one of the first countries to establish diplomatic relations with Vietnam, laying the groundwork for a strong bilateral and economic relationship between the countries.

04.09.2019 Russiaís trade turnover with African states up 17% in 2018

Russiaís trade turnover with the African states increased by more than 17% in 2018 to $20.4 bln. A representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry told TASS that the majority of...



18.04.2018 Pskov State University Increases Its International Student Body Thirty...

Higher education can be a profitable export business, provided the system is built correctly and qua...

FEA Education

03.05.2017 Anna Trubetskaya: "Business should be built on Russians"

About the models of business development in another country and professional secrets is told by a practicing expert on work in international markets Anna Trubetskaya

Our partners